Pages

Thursday 27 January 2011

The Country Child

Wow, it's been a while since I posted! Christmas and the New Year have been really busy. Since October I have been working 7 days & 2 evenings a week (on non-design jobs!) and finally it's getting back to a more manageable pace. I was working on design projects when I could so it's meant alot of very late nights, but I think it's all part of the job! Why else do all designers seem to live on coffee?! I also had limited internet access for a while which in this day and age is disasterous!

So my last post showed early developments of Alison Uttley's 'The Country Child'. Derby Theatre are holding a week long event this summer celebrating her life and books, with a produced version of The Country Child as the main event.

It's been a long time spent working on the poster - Uttley has written some beautiful books (she has been unofficially dubbed as Derbyshire's Beatrix Potter) and undoubtably her writings have touched many people. For these reasons, something delicate and with alot of love put into it is needed to represent her.

So, here are some of the final(ish) images, needs a bit more work on selective contrast etc, and of course poster text to be added, but I am pretty pleased with it. What I love most is that it is totally handmade, the paper sculpture of the girl, my own textures, hand painted type... I found some lovely old wallpaper that I scanned in and messed with for the flowers...

Poster - made to look like a bookpage come to life!

Theatre (Studio) Leaflet version


The web banner version of the poster

Anyway, best get back to work!

x

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful vintage poster!
    Kisses and greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poster, so cute and pretty:-)
    Hugs, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) It means alot to get feedback :))) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... these are awesome eki eki eki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice colour palette, love the typography as well. Well done :).

    ReplyDelete